Event Start: 7 PM, May 16th @ The Cabooze
We’re extremely excited to bring together this unique event!!! Part workshop, part contest, ALL PARTY!! The Minneapolis-based, Alt. Rock, band Vaudeville is having a CD release party at the Cabooze this Saturday night, May 16th, and they want you there!! Contest winners will receive copies of Vaudeville’s 4th album, Masquerade Part 2. First place will also receive a free print from West Photo. There are two categories in which to win: Best Band Photo, and Best Mask or Costume.
Did we mention the event is also a masquerade party?!
Peter Berman, our guest judge from the Dow Art Gallery competition will lead the free event workshop. He’ll be covering the basics of event photography as well as how to work with the photography rules mandated by venues. If you have questions, Peter’s the guy to ask!
Here’s how it’s gonna go down Saturday night:
- The workshop begins when the doors open at the Cabooze at 7 pm
- At 8 pm the show starts and you apply your fresh knowledge and get some amazing shots
- After the event, post your favorite shot in the Minnesota Exposure Facebook group. You can enter more than a single shot.
- Post more shots on Vaudeville’s Facebook page
- Vaudeville will choose their favorite shots and alert the winners
- 1st Place – A copy of Masquerade Part 2, a free 17×22 print from West Photo, and their cover charged comped.
- 2nd & 3rd Places – A copy of Masquerade Part 2
- Everyone – Free workshop from one of the best!
Things to know:
- Vaudeville is the only band participating in the contest. Don’t let that stop you from shooting the other bands!!
- There is a $10 cover at the Cabooze that night.
As the term ‘Vaudeville’ implies, this Minneapolis-based Alt. Rock band does not disappoint. With a unique style and variety to their music, Vaudeville has created a new direction of music bringing together the energy of raw rock and roll with the tightness and diversity of electronic music. Each member donates a different musical history and flavour, all combining for a stadium rock sound, not to be missed.
About Peter Berman
Peter has a wealth of experience as a videographer. He started shooting 16mm motion film as a “stringer” for WPIX-TV in New York, and worked as a television news video journalist as ABC’s flagship station in New York for 30 years.
He is currently a member of the Minnesota Nature Photo Club, and his number one passion is wildlife. He has traveled to Africa in pursuit of wildebeest, cheetahs, lions, zebra, elephants and dozens of other animals; to Brazil to photograph piranha, capybara, tarantulas, and macaws in the Amazon; and to Alaska, for reindeer, wild salmon, owls and eagles.